Welcome to Marengo Valley Elementary School!
62408 State Highway 112 Ashland, WI 54806 (715) 278-3286
We are located about ten miles south of Ashland in beautiful northern Wisconsin. Our school has a beautiful setting in the country surrounded by woods on three sides. We have about 166 students in grades 4K - 5. We have a wonderful staff of dedicated people who believe all children can learn. Our Home and School Association is very active and provides many opportunities for our students including enrichment programs and field day.
A challenging, continually updated curriculum is offered at Marengo Valley Elementary School. All curriculum is aligned with the Common Core State Standards and the Wisconsin Academic Standards. Curriculum materials include: My Math by McGraw Hill, Houghton Mifflin Reading, Guided Reading, Spelling Mastery, Houghton Mifflin Science and Writer's Workshop. The core curriculum is complemented by a Gifted and Talented program, Physical Education focusing on lifelong fitness skills and Music and Art specialists.
Our school has received in the past the New Wisconsin Promise Award of Excellence each year for 12 years. In addition, our school has been recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School. Many great things are happening at Marengo Valley Elementary School.
The mission of Marengo Valley Elementary School is to provide a positive learner-centered environment where all students will be challenged to reach their academic potential. We will create an environment that also fosters students’ sense of well-being and self esteem.
- Involve parents, staff and students in a commitment to student success.
- Strive not only to maintain but enhance student success.
- Encourage respect, responsibility, self-discipline, self-esteem and general wellness.
- Work together to maximize available resources.
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning using best practices.
- Create a supportive learning community involving parents, staff and students.
- Promote and model positive social skills.
- Cultivate and develop lifelong learners.