District Information and Links
Dear Students and Families:
Welcome to the School District of Ashland! On the shores of Lake Superior, our District communities exemplify all that is great about Wisconsin. The beauty of the region—combined with the goodness of its people, its rich diversity, a focus on family, and hard work—has made our community and our District strong.
Our District community proudly includes the Bad River Band of the Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians and the Marengo Valley, as well as the city of Ashland and the towns of Eileen, Gingles, Kelly, Keystone, Pilsen, Sanborn, and White River.
We are the Oredockers. It is a name we proudly wear on our jerseys, shirts and hats. It is a nod to the tradition of mining in our region, but also of the miners who banded together to not only raise their families in our region, but also to build a community. While we see now fewer lake freighters in the bay than in generations past, the School District of Ashland is Oredocker Strong, a reflection of all that has made our community and our District so great. It is a commitment to raise our expectations so that the future of our region and our children is brighter than ever.
To accomplish our vision of excellence, we are providing the most innovative instruction to make learning relevant and encourage a strong desire to learn. Every student has gifts, and we help them recognize those gifts and learn to nurture them.
Our teachers, administrators, and support staff are committed to providing all students with a high-quality education and learning environment through the use of research and instructional practices, ongoing assessment and feedback to students and parents about learning, and collaborative and responsive partnerships with students and parents.
- To support the most innovative interaction, the District is integrating instructional technology into every classroom, along with our 1:1 Instructional Technology Program.
- Students have expanded opportunities for online coursework. The District is partnering with the Rural Virtual Academy (RVA), a cooperative of 20 school districts working together to offer high-quality online learning opportunities. Courses can supplement our existing curriculum, or may be offered as a full-time, home-schooling option with the benefit of participation in co-curricular activities.
- To meet the learning needs of all children, the District offers choices of schools. We offer a traditional school choice and a project-based school choice in grades 3-12 in outstanding facilities.
- The District has a deep connection with the communities it serves to ensure the needs of every child is met.
- Our schools provide an outstanding array of curricular and co-curricular offerings to students in all our schools.
The School District of Ashland is constantly looking for new ways to serve our students and the community. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or comments. Thank you!
Erik T. Olson
Superintendent - School District of Ashland