The Marengo Valley Home & School Association is an organization of staff and parents at Marengo Valley School which meets monthly to discuss matters relating to school activities. We encourage you to attend our meetings which are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Everyone is welcome!!!!
At our first meeting of the school year, we ask for volunteers in the following areas:
- Picture Day
- Hearing/Vision Screening Assistance
- Many coordinators for activities ranging from fund-raisers to collection of box tops;
- Our fund-raising efforts provide playground equipment and guest speakers/programs at our school
Many of the "extras" would not be possible without the effort put forth by the Home & School Association.
- Duties of a Room Mother/Father: Not using Room Mothers or Fathers this school year.
- Picture Day Coordinator: helps the photographer by calling classes and making sure the correct names go with the student being photographed, etc.
- Hearing & Vision Screening: One coordinator signs up and recruits 10 helpers.
- Fund-raiser Coordinator: contacts the company, sets up the fund-raiser, collects the money involved.